If you’ve got iGO Primo software installed on your phone or Android tablet, then the TTS voice add-on is definitely a comfortable addition to the program.
It makes routing more pleasant and accurate. TTS has multiple advantages over the standard voice system offered in the Primo navigation system. TTS means Text-to-Speech, basically transforming text into vocal cues.
This way, entire maneuvers are spoken, including street names, danger zones as well as other road factors. All these cues are way above what standard iGO voices can deliver.
How to install TTS on iGO Primo Android
Download the necessary files from here. After the download is completed, follow these steps:
- Copy the APK file and VocalizerEX folder to the root of the phone or tablet.
- Copy the voice file Simona to the iGO/content/voice folder. If the folder is named slightly different on your system, such as Primo/content/voice, adapt as necessary. The voice is Romanian, if you need other voices you must download it from the internet.
- Install vocalizer_e.tts184.108.40.206g_ro app. If prompted by Android’s security system, temporarily allow the installation of apps from unknown sources.
- Once the install is complete, go to Settings, select System- Regional Settings, and then Text-to-Speech options. The menu may look different depending on your smartphone or tablet.
- Choose the VocalizerEx TTS option.
Now you have TTS voice installed – just select it from the voice menu of iGO Primo software and go for a test.