LG C7 OLED mini review
The 4K LG C7 TV stands out of the crowd via its ability to display true black tones and works perfectly for gaming given its very low input lag and reduced levels of motion blur.
Since it gets bright enough and it’s capable of displaying a rather wide range of colors, the TV is also suitable for viewing HDR content.
On the downside, there is a considerable amount of static content retention on the screen for up to a few minutes and brightness tends to fluctuate as a function of content.
Picture settings for LG C7 Oled
Here is a quick guide on how to calibrate your LG C7 OLED TV to get the best picture performance depending on the media you are aiming for.
The settings below work for both the 55” and the 65” version and are valid for any type of media.
If you plan on gaming, a few extra settings needing to be tweaked will be present at the end of this guide.
Start by turning off the Energy Saving feature to stop automatic brightness adjustment, then select IFS Expert (Dark Room) picture mode.
Oled Light settings
- Set OLED LIGHT to 16. The value is valid for a completely dark room, so you may want to adjust depending on how bright your room is.
- Set Contrast to 100 and leave Brightness to its default 50.
- Set both the H Sharpness and V Sharpness settings to 0 and leave Color to 50 and Tint to 0.
Next, go to the Expert Controls page and turn off the following features, one by one:
- Dynamic Contrast
- Super Resolution
- Edge Enhancer
- Color Filter
- Set the Color Gamut on Auto.
- Gamma should be set to 2.2; however, you may want to reduce the value if black tones are fuzzy. Lowering to 1.9 should solve the issue.
- Go to the White Balance settings page and set Color Temperature to Warm2.
- Enter the “Picture Options” menu and turn off Noise Reduction as well as MPEG noise Reduction.
- Set Black Level to Low
- Turn off Motion Eye Care.
HDR Gaming settings
To get the best experience in HDR gaming, just turn on the HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Color feature for the HDMI port where your PC or console will connect to.
Then, switch HDR picture Mode to Game in order to benefit from the lowest input lag.