Sometimes we just want an easy way to share the content we see on our phones with the people around us without installing additional apps, or we wish to avoid going through a long list of steps.
This guide will help you mirror everything you see on your iPhone X, XR, XS, and others with iOS 12 or higher to the TV.
Mirroring your iPhone screen without installing any apps
The instructions below should work fine to stream any content from Google Chrome, Safari, or any other browser installed on the phone.
- Step 1: Make sure your phone and the TV are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Step 2: slide down on the screen of your phone.
- Step 3: Select Screen Mirroring
- Step 4: Select the TV from the list
- Step 5: Enter the code on your phone that is being displayed on the TV and then OK.
- Step 6: You’re all set and can mirror your phone to the TV
Do you just want to share music from your phone to the TV? Below you’ll find the steps.
Playing music or audios from your iPhone to the TV
Both the iPhone and the TV must be on the same network, once you’ve checked that, we can follow these easy steps:
- Step 1: Go to your music player on your phone
- Step 2: Select any song or the song you would like to play
- Step 3: Tap on the AirPlay icon (located at the bottom of the screen)
- Step 4: Select the TV, and you should be listening to the music on the TV shortly (remember to enter the code on the phone that shows up on the TV)
Don’t just go yet! You have people over and want to share some memories with them? Let’s see how to send videos and photos from your phone to the TV.
Mirroring photos and videos
Don’t forget to make sure both devices are on the network!
- Step 1: Open the Photos app on your iPhone
- Step 2: Now select the video or photo you would like to share
- Step 3: Tap the Share icon (located at the bottom left)
- Step 4: Select the AirPlay option
- Step 5: Select the TV you would like to stream to
You should be able to see those photos and videos on your big screen now 🙂
My iPhone won’t mirror to the TV – Troubleshooting
- Make sure both devices are in a close range
- All devices need to have to the latest version of their Softwares
- Both devices must be on the same Wi-Fi network
- Make sure the Bluetooth of the cellphone is on
Trusted Third-Party Apps with Mirroring Capabilities
- Samsung SmartView ($4.99)
- ApowerMirror (Free version with limited functions)
Were you able to mirror from your phone? Leave a comment below!