Samsung MU8000 was launched in 2017 and is one of the midrange level Tv of the producer. It has good 4K performance and HDR.
Samsung 55MU8000 comes with a 10-bit panel with HDR10 and has edge-lit illumination.
Also, brightness reaches 1000 nits and black levels are good, but not impressive. For image processing, Samsung has used the Dynamic Crystal Color engine on MU8000.
It’s a good Tv sitting right above the QLED range.
Best picture settings for Samsung MU8000 (tested on 55MU8000 and 49MU8000):
- Turn Eco Solution off and select Picture Mode: Movie.
- Set Backlight illumination to 5.
- Contrast: set it to 95
- Brightness: set it to zero.
- Sharpness: set value to zero.
- Color: 50
- Tint (G/R): leave to the default value of ‘G50 and R50’.
- Digital Clean View: turn it off, for SD (low resolution) content you might need to turn it on.
- Auto Motion Plus Settings: Custom, with Blur: 0 and Judder Reduction: 0. Led Clear Motion should be off (unticked).
- Local Dimming: Off
- Color Tone: set to Warm 2
- Gamma: set it to middle
- Color Space: set this to Auto
- For gaming, you should set Game Mode to ON. For HDR content set HDMI UHD Color on each HDMI (tick the box).
That’s it. Now you should have a setting on your Samsung MU8000 TV.
Of course, settings may vary depending on room illumination (you can reduce brightness if is needed).
Samsung MU8000 review notes:
- rtings.com – 4 out of 5
- trustedreviews.com – 4 out of 5
- 4K.com – 4,5 out of 5