Here is a quick and comprehensible guide on how to connect the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ to a SmartTV and stream media content to the bigger screen.
The procedure is rather easy, regardless of the end screen, just follow the step below.
Screen sharing between the Galaxy S8/S8+ and PC
First of all, download the SideSync app on your computer and install it. Next, download the app on your device using Google Play.
Next up, you have to connect your smartphone to the computer via a USB cable or through Wi-Fi. While the USB cable is recommended for filesharing, screen mirroring works best via Wi-Fi.
Turn on your SmartTV and connect your Galaxy S8/S8+ to the common Wi-Fi network.
If, however, you do not own a Samsung SmartTV, then you will need a third-party device to make the connection happen, for example, AllShare Cast hub.
Screen Mirroring between Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus to a TV via AllShare Cast
As mentioned above, if you do not own a SmartTV, third-party hardware is required to successfully make the screen sharing.
Once you acquired an AllShare Cast hub, follow the tutorial below:
- Turn on both your TV and the AllShare Cast
- Connect the AllShare Cast to your regular TV via an HDMI cable.
- A blue light will turn on the AllShare Cast hub once the connection is live
- Take your Samsung Galaxy device, go to Quick Settings, select Screen Mirroring then tap on Turn On.
- A list of nearby devices will pop-up on the screen of your phone.
- Select the AllShare Cast hub and finally type in the PIN code displayed on your TV.
Enabling Screen Mirroring between Galaxy S8/S8 Plus and a Samsung SmartTV
Screen sharing your Galaxy S8 screen to a Samsung SmartTV is very easy and doesn’t require any third-party apps or hardware.
- To start, press the Input button on your TV’s remote.
- Secondly, choose Screen Mirroring
- Get your Galaxy S8/S8 Plus and quickly select Screen Mirroring
- A list of available devices for screen mirroring will show up.
- Select your Samsung SmartTV and you’re done!
Leave a Reply