The X930E series from Sony features one of the brightest panels in the price range.
Since it works well with HDR, having the right calibration settings is a must.
Here are the main calibration settings to employ for a Sony X930E.
Best picture settings for Sony 4K X930E
Calibration settings are the same both for the 55” and the larger, 65” version of this TV.
All content will display well with the following settings. For an enhanced gaming experience, slight changes must be done.
- Set Picture Mode to Custom
- Turn off the Light Sensor
- Turn Auto Picture mode off, this way, brightness won’t shift automatically and mess the calibration.
- Set Brightness level to 1 for start, but feel free to adjust it according to the amount of light in the room.
- Leave Color at 50.
Switch to the Brightness tab and do the following changes.
- Set Contrast to 95, Gamma to 0 and Black Level to 50.
- Leave (or switch) off Black Adjust and Adv. Contrast Enhancer.
- On the other hand, keep Auto local Dimming and X-tended Dynamic Range on.
Go to Color tab and change the following:
- set Color to 50 (should be the default value) and Hue to 0.
- Set Color Temperature to Expert 1 and switch off Live Color. This way, the least amount of extra image processing is added.
Next, in the Clarity tab:
- Leave Sharpness at 50 and also leave Reality Creation off (only turn it on for older, low-resolution media)
- Turn off: Random Noise Reduction, Digital Noise Reduction, and Smooth Gradation.
- Leave Motion flow and Cinemotion off in the next tab. When watching movies that have 60p/60i frames you might get some judder – try to set Motion to TruCinema and also set CineMotion to High.
Best Picture Settings for HDR content if available – Sony X930E
- Brightness – set to max
- Auto Local Dimming – High
- X-tended Dynamic Range – High
Go to Video options and adjust :
- HDR mode – Auto
- HDMI video range- Auto
- Color space – Auto
Best picture settings for gaming – Sony X930E
- Picture Mode- must be set to Game